Our intake line is still open. Please call us at 204-947-2422 ext. 307 if you would like to request a midwife.
We are still proceeding with midwifery appointments. Some appointments may be done over the phone and some will be done in person. You will receive a screening call before your appointment.
They will ask you:
- Do you have cold or flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, weakness or headache)?
- Have you returned from travel within Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you returned from travel outside of Canada within the last 14 days?
- Have you been instructed to self-isolate for 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with someone being tested for COVID-19?
- Have you had exposure to a confirmed COVID-19 case within the last 14 days?
Note: exposure may include scenarios or settings like large events with confirmed case(s) of COVID-19.
If any of the questions above apply to you, a midwife will discuss options about having the visit in your home or in hospital. During home visits, midwives will wear personal protective equipment.
Only the pregnant person and one support person will be allowed to attend appointments. While childminding is available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, we strongly encourage alternate child care arrangements. If you have additional support people, they will be asked to wait outside, so please plan accordingly.
We strongly encourage hand-washing and social distancing. We will be asking you to sanitize your hands upon arrival and to give our front desk staff some space.
Labour and Delivery
All pregnant people and each support person will be pre-screened during admission. You may be redirected to the hospital for labour and birth if the screening questions apply to you. Each pregnant person will only be allowed one support person. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your midwife.
NorthernStar Mothers Milk Bank Drop Site
We are still accepting milk donations, but call us first at 204-594-0900. If you are a first-time donor or want to donate, visit NorthernStar and call them at 1-403-475-6455 BEFORE calling us or coming to the Birth Centre.